Our Mission – Strengthening Our Community
Our focus is on charitable giving and enhancing, enriching and supporting the community through programs, advocacy, and financial support that promote health and wellness in Green Valley, Arizona.
Long Term Strategic Goals
• Expand the Member Assistance Program (MAP) for GVR members with financial need
• Develop recreation and social programs for special needs populations
• Launch health and wellness initiatives that support GVR members and the Green Valley community
• Leverage collaboration and partnerships with businesses and other nonprofits that bring greater good to Green Valley
• Assist sports programs & facilities development for active adults
• Improve access to and availability of transportation services
• Encourage tourism and economic development
• Offer support for distinctive projects and initiatives for clubs and other special interest groups of Green Valley Recreation, Inc.
Brief History & Development of GVR Foundation
• Established in 2015 from desire of GVR Board to support activities that directly affect GVR members, Green Valley residents, and special needs of our community
• Established and maintains relationship with the Greater Green Valley Community Foundation (GGVCF) using their expertise to set administrative functions; received 2015 grant for strategic planning
• Repaid $15,000 GVR start-up loan in 2016 early with interest ($787.50)
• Reached resource sharing agreement between GVR and GVR Foundation (four levels of review: GVR legal counsel, non-profit tax attorney, independent CPA auditor, & insurance specialist)
• Restructured GVR Foundation Board to include two GVR ‘Appointed Directors’ (2017)
• Received matching grant ($12,500) from GGVCF to establish an endowment to support sustainability of RetireArizona.org website (2017)
• Amended and Restated Bylaws of GVR Foundation (2017)
• Received $116,000 in grants between 2015-2017 from GGVCF, Freeport-McMoRan Foundation, The Country Fair White Elephant, and Walmart. Grants supported MAP, Southern Arizona Senior Games and RetireArizona.org website development.
2018 GVR Foundation Goals
• Continue to develop RetireArizona.org website and implement financial sustainability strategies
• Conduct an Annual Giving Campaign
• Develop a Capital Campaign for a GVR Pickleball Center
• Determine future GVR Foundation staffing needs
• Continue development of donation and giving policies
Board of Directors
The GVR Foundation Board consists of dedicated volunteers who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the foundation board. With diverse experience in business, Residential Appraisal and Real Estate, finance, human resources, Higher Education, Community Planning, Marketing, non-profits, journalism and recreation, they are collectively guiding the foundation to success. We are appreciative of the passion they bring to our organization and the generosity of their time.
Corporate and Tax Records
- GVR Foundation Bylaws
- Articles of Incorporation
- Tax Return – IRS Form 990
- Annual Budget
- IRS Non-Profit Application – Form 1023
- IRS Acceptance Letter – 501(c)(3) Exempt Status
- Financial Audit – GVR/GVRF Combined
- Resource Sharing Agreement (RSA)
- Shared Resource Revised Reconciliation Recalculation
You may donate by:
Send your gift to:
1070 S Calle de las Casitas
Green Valley, AZ 85614
Online at: Click Here to Donate
Statement of Supportive Relationship with the Greater Green Valley Community Foundation
The GVR Foundation maintains a mutually supportive relationship with the
Greater Green Valley Community Foundation (GGVCF).
The GVR Foundation Board of Directors has tapped GGVCF expertise
in establishing its administrative functions and plans to establish
an endowment within GGVCF’s Community Foundation Unrestricted Funds.
The minimum amount to start an unrestricted fund is $25,000.
Click Here to contact the GGVCF